The Food Safety, Risk and Compliance Conference aims to address the constantly evolving food regulations and customer expectations in New Zealand.
Providing a premier interdisciplinary platform for best practice and compliance and a wide range of speakers, the Food Risk, Safety and Compliance Conference is the most notable event for the NZ food & beverage industry in 2020.
The conference will be divided into the following themes:
- Food Security, Policy & Compliance
- Tech Talk: Enhancing Food Safety In A Digital Age
- Food Safety and Quality: Day to Day Challenges & Preventive Measures
- Risk Management, Incident Response & Food Recalls
The Food Security, Policy & Compliance theme will include a presentation from Debbie Hawkes, Hawkins Watts and Allergen Bureau, on the new Allergen Bureau VITAL® Certification Standard on allergen management.
There are also three separately bookable workshops on:
Workshop 1 – Organic food safety standards compliance for import/export of organic products
Workshop 2 – Exporting food – navigating the regulatory maze
Workshop 3 – Allergen management: Theory to best practice
The incidence of food allergy is on the rise globally and food allergens continue to be a major cause of recalls internationally. This workshop will look at the issues behind the statics and provide an insight into the practicalities of allergen management. No matter where you are in the food web, the issues and tools provided in the workshop will assist you in meeting the food allergen management challenge.
- Consider global regulations and learn why the differences have an impact on the domestic environment
- Discuss case studies and look at the reality behind the recalls and learn from industry experience
- Production point of view – from agricultural impact, facility design to finished product and pack claims
- Review allergen analysis – its application and limitations and its place in allergen management
- Learn how to identify your business risks and to address them with the appropriate controls to improve production and reduce consumer risk
- Examine the suite of tools available to support the industry
- Reflect on what best practice allergen management looks like in your facility
- Consider the future and the likely challenges that will influence food allergen management
Workshop 3 on allergen management will be facilitated by Robin Sherlock, Sherlock Food Allergen Risk Management Pty Ltd (Australia).
Visit the Food Safety, Risk and Compliance Conference website for more information and to register.