The Australian Food Standards Code stipulates that any of the major food allergens or their products must be labelled when present in a manufactured food as an ingredient, additive or processing aid or a component of one of these.
The allergens that must be labelled are: peanuts; tree nuts; cereals containing gluten; sesame; soybeans; egg; milk; fish (including shellfish); crustacea; and lupin.
We welcome small, medium and large food manufacturing and retailing businesses and individuals – from both Australia and New Zealand and internationally – as Allergen Bureau members.
The Allergen Bureau provides information resources, practical tools and industry contacts for the better management of food allergens and derivatives of them.
Being a Member of the Allergen Bureau can save you time and money in addressing food allergen issues in a professional way, it can also help you demonstrate your commitment and proactive approach to your staff, suppliers, customers and regulatory authorities.
As a Member of the Allergen Bureau your business will enjoy the benefits of:
- 85% discount on VITAL Online yearly subscription plan
- Free VITAL Online subscriptions for Global members
- Discount on Allergen Bureau endorsed VITAL training
- Full members, your logo with a web link on the Allergen Bureau website*
- Associate members, your company name with a web link on the Allergen Bureau website*
- Link on your website to the Allergen Bureau website*
- Priority and discounts for seminars and workshops
- Free listing in the Services Directory
- Easy access to latest food allergen information
- Information from leading food allergen experts
- Interaction with food businesses of all sizes
- Local Australia and New Zealand focus
- Priority access (2 weeks ahead of general distribution) to local and global breaking news and information delivered to your computer in the monthly Allergen Bureau eNews
- Priority access to the Allergen Bureau phone and email helpline service
*subject to approval by the Allergen Bureau
Membership Flier (PDF 342 KB)
Membership Application (PDF 146 KB)
Constitution of the Allergen Bureau (PDF 59KB)
For more information on becoming a Member of the Allergen Bureau please call freephone Australia: 0437 918 959 or International: + 61 437 918 959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org