The Australian Food Standards Code stipulates that any of the major food allergens or their products must be labelled when present in a manufactured food as an ingredient, additive or processing aid or a component of one of these.
The allergens that must be labelled are peanuts and tree nuts, cereals containing gluten, sesame, soybeans, eggs, milk, fish (including shellfish) and crustacea. Products derived from any of these substances must also be labelled if they are used. Added sulphites must also be labelled where present at more than 10mg/kg in the final food.
We welcome small, medium and large food manufacturing and retailing businesses and individuals – from both Australia and New Zealand and internationally – as Allergen Bureau members.
The Allergen Bureau provides information resources, practical tools and industry contacts for the better management of food allergens and derivatives of them.
Being a Member of the Allergen Bureau can save you time and money in addressing food allergen issues in a professional way, it can also help you demonstrate your commitment and proactive approach to your staff, suppliers, customers and regulatory authorities.
As a Member of the Allergen Bureau your business will enjoy the benefits of:
- 85% discount on VITAL Online yearly subscription plan
- Free VITAL Online subscriptions for Global members
- Discount on Allergen Bureau endorsed VITAL training
- Full members, your logo with a web link on the Allergen Bureau website*
- Associate members, your company name with a web link on the Allergen Bureau website*
- Link on your website to the Allergen Bureau website*
- Priority and discounts for seminars and workshops
- Free listing in the Services Directory
- Easy access to latest food allergen information
- Information from leading food allergen experts
- Interaction with food businesses of all sizes
- Local Australia and New Zealand focus
- Priority access (2 weeks ahead of general distribution) to local and global breaking news and information delivered to your computer in the monthly Allergen Bureau eNews
- Priority access to the Allergen Bureau phone and email helpline service
*subject to approval by the Allergen Bureau
Membership Flier (PDF 342 KB)
Membership Application (PDF 146 KB)
Constitution of the Allergen Bureau (PDF 59KB)
For more information on becoming a Member of the Allergen Bureau please call freephone Australia: 0437 918 959 or International: + 61 437 918 959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org