The Allergen Bureau are pleased to invite applicants for an AUD $1,500 travel grant for postgraduate and early career researchers to attend and present at the 2nd Food Allergen Management Symposium 2017 (FAMS2017), Sydney, Australia – 21-24 May 2017.
The award will be selected based on the oral or poster abstract deemed by the award selection panel that Best addresses globally consistent, science-based, food allergen risk assessment and labelling.
FAMS2017 provides a unique opportunity for food industry, researchers, dieticians, clinicians and consumer groups to come together to address the needs of the food allergic consumer. In bringing together a diverse mix of key stakeholders, the FAMS2017 program will allow information sharing, new learnings and stimulate collaborative and innovative approaches to the future harmonisation of food allergen management.
Applicants meeting the award criteria are advised to contact Ray Murphy, Allergen Bureau Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, – email subject “Allergen Bureau travel grant for postgraduate and early career researchers to attend FAMS2017” providing a copy of their FAMS2017 abstract as already submitted through the FAMS2017 website.
Travel grant award criteria
- $1,500 (AUD + 10% GST) travel grant for a postgraduate or early career researcher
- Applicants must be either within 5 years of successful completion of graduate degree or under 30 years of age
- The award is open to both Australian and New Zealand and international researchers from within food industry, technical and analytical services, university or government organisations
- The award recipient will have submitted an abstract for either an oral or poster presentation at FAMS2017 http://fams2017.com.au/index.php/abstract. Abstracts must be submitted according to the submission instructions as shown on the FAMS2017 website.
- The award will be selected based on the oral or poster abstract deemed by the award selection panel to best address globally consistent, science-based, food allergen risk assessment and labelling
- The award is to be used for intra- or international travel and associated costs to present an oral or poster presentation at FAMS2017
- Within 30 days of attending FAMS2017, the award recipient is to provide the Allergen Bureau with: a 200 word news article about their experiences at FAMS2017; a 500 word report on the FAMS2017 syposium; and an image of themselves at FAMS2017 – to be published together as a news item on the Allergen Bureau website via the Allergen Bureau eNews.