I’m lost!*: How do I work out which allergen management guidance I need?
There are various allergen management guidance documents available to ANZ food companies. All seek to meet the different needs of businesses, at different levels of detail, and for particular purposes.
So, why are there so many guidance documents, and which one is right for you?
This highly interactive session has been designed by the Allergen Bureau so you can hear from a representative of each link in this food safety chain: from the Global Food Safety Initiative, through to a scheme owner, FSANZ, auditors and industry guidance providers.
Learn how it all fits together, what guidance is important to you, and how you can help influence future work.
This session will start with a series of short, sharp presentations from:
- Bill McBride, GFSI & SQF on GFSI benchmarking requirements & setting standards to meet GFSI requirements
- Lauren Kolstad, FSANZ about international agreements on allergen management (e.g. Codex) & Food Standards Code mandatory allergen declarations
- Brad Costello, SAI Global about how they need to interpret all the above in relation to retailers’ own allergen management requirements
- Geoffrey Annison, AFGC about its Allergen Management and Labelling Guide
- Peter Bush, Food Technology Association of Australia about their current Allergen Protocols
- Lisa Warren, Allergen Bureau about its Risk Review interactive website, and
- Kirsten Grinter, Allergen Bureau about the VITAL® Program, Draft VITAL Standard and the VITAL best-practice labelling guide for ANZ.
We’ll then move quickly into an interactive Q&A session amongst panel members and the audience, facilitated by Tom Lewis, Allergen Bureau.
This is your chance to understand the system as a whole – what influences what – and to find out what you should be doing, with whom and why.
Leave with a new set of navigation tools to help you find your way.
[* Come along. You’re in great company.]
For program details and to register – Visit the conference website for more information.
AIFST Convention 2018
The AIFST Convention is the premier food industry event in Australia. This year the Convention will be held on September 11-12 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. The Convention will once again bring together industry professionals of the food industry in one exciting location.