1. It is essential that you read the VITAL Guide to understand how to implement the Allergen Bureau’s VITAL® (Voluntary Incidental Trace Allergen Labelling) Program.
2. Training in the VITAL Program with a VITAL Training Provider endorsed by the Allergen Bureau is highly recommended.
3. Before starting your VITAL assessment, ensure that you have all the required information. Information required for your VITAL assessment will include the:
- recipe – the ingoing percentage of ingredients, amount of water loss or gained during production, the Reference Amount/Serving Size (if applicable)
- allergen status for each ingredient in the recipe – intentionally added allergens and the quantification of cross contact allergens. This information may be available in your existing quality plan as part of Vendor Assurance
- cross contact due to the manufacturing process – assessment and quantification of cross contact due to shared production facilities. This information may be available in your existing quality plan e.g. HACCP.
4. Register and Sign In to VITAL Online through our flexible yearly or monthly subscription packages – or Sign In using our introductory free month trial.
5. Click on the INGREDIENTS tab at the top of the page to set up an Ingredient Library and the PROCESSING PROFILES tab to create a Processing Profiles Library.
6. Click on the RECIPES tab to begin your VITAL assessment using the easy 5-Step Wizard.