The VITAL Scientific Expert Panel (VSEP) has worked closely with the Allergen Bureau since 2011. The VSEP members listed below consist of a group of international scientific experts, specialising in food allergy, who have generously volunteered their time and expertise over these years.
- Dr Steve Taylor (VSEP Chair) Food Allergy Research & Resource Program (FARRP) (USA)
- Dr Joseph Baumert – Food Allergy Research & Resource Program (FARRP) (USA)
- Dr Geert Houben – Program Manager Food Safety, Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO) (NL)
- Dr Rene Crevel (RENE CREVEL Consulting Ltd) (UK) (formerly of Allergy & Immunology, Unilever)
- Dr Simon Brooke Taylor (Food Safety & Risk Analysis Consultant, Allergen Bureau) (AUS)
- (2011 – 2022) Dr Benjamin Remington – Food Allergy Research & Resource Program (FARRP) and Remington Consulting Group B.V. (NL)
- (2011 – 2019) Professor Katie Allen – Murdoch Children’s Research Institute Australasia.
Sadly, we advise that Dr Benjamin Remington has now stepped down from the VSEP. Ben’s contribution to the statistical modelling that underpins the VITAL Reference Doses and his vast experience in areas of clinical risk assessment, food industry allergen management, and food exposure assessments, have been instrumental in supporting the Allergen Bureau deliver an evidence based scientific approach to the VITAL science. The Allergen Bureau together with other VSEP members would like to thank Ben for his wonderful support to the Allergen Bureau, The VITAL program, and the allergic consumer during his tenure.