The NZIFST Conference 2021 will be held at the Palmerston North Convention Centre on Tuesday 6th to Thursday 8th July 2021. The conference theme is Food-With Care Kai – me te whakaaro nui.
Allergen Bureau Director, Debbie Hawkes (Hawkins Watts), will deliver a presentation on Providing food industry with best practice food allergen management guidance in the session ‘Getting it Right’ on Day 3 of the Conference. This session also features a talk on Implementation of PEAL (plain English allergen labelling) by Janet Goodman, MPI.
Further food allergen information will be provided in the workshop New Allergen Labelling Rules and Practical Application, delivered by McFoodies and Zubi, also on Day 3.
AIFST21 + foodpro (now in October)
The AIFST21 Convention will be held at the Novotel, Sydney Olympic Park on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th of October, 2021 as a face to face event (Note: AIFST21 was previously scheduled for July, but has been moved in response to the current COVID-19 situation in NSW). The convention theme is Food Science – delivering in a changing world.
Food safety features strongly in the program, including updates on global and local microbiological food safety concerns, traceability systems, and new analytical technologies.
The Allergen Bureau is pleased to be convening an AIFST21 session on food allergens – An ANZ and European view on allergen management and labelling. Our session presentations and speakers, to be followed by a Q&A, are:
- Allergen Bureau essential industry guidance and resources, Kirsten Grinter, Allergen Bureau and Nestlé Australia
- The European perspective and actions regarding allergen management and PAL, Dr Sylvia Pfaff, FIS Europe
- Consequences of food intake choices in allergen risk assessment and management, Marty Blom, Netherlands Organisation for applied scientific research
- FIGAML – what you MUST know about allergen management and labelling, Jasmine Lacis-Lee, Allergen Bureau & BVAQ
- VITAL and PEAL updated best practice PAL, Georgina Christensen, Allergen Bureau
The AIFST21 convention will run concurrently with foodpro Sydney (10th -13th October). foodpro is a celebration of the contribution of Australian food producers, manufacturers and distributors. It’s where the industry gathers to generate solutions that will take us towards a more sustainable world. Both AIFST21 and foodpro events will be held at Sydney Olympic Park and together will cater for a very wide range of interests.